Monday, August 24, 2009

First You Take Some Peanuts and You...

I decided to make peanut butter yesterday, because I heard it was easy. And it really freaking is.


I bought a giant bulk container of shelled, unsalted peanuts (they are not grown locally) at Wegmans--(where they stock local eggs, dairy, and produce when it's in season!).

I put maybe a sixth of it (a few cups) in my food processor with a little bit of olive oil, a sprinkly of salt, a drizzle of honey, and blended until it was smooth.

Done. Seriously.

Why do people buy peanut butter? It took me not 5 minutes to make a 12 oz. jar full of peanut butter. And I will make several more jars with less than $5 worth of peanuts. And it tastes fabulous.

It has the texture of "all natural" peanut butter--a little grainier than conventional kinds--which I enjoy. The honey is a natural preservative, so I figure it will last at least a few weeks to a few months in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool! I don't know what went wrong with Mom's but it didn't taste very good =]

    ReplyDelete