Do yourself a favor and make this delicious early summer treat to celebrate the season. It's simple and easy, but you'll look like a pro if you bring it to a party in a fancy pitcher.
1. Roll 3 or 4 lemons on the counter to get their juices going, halve them, squeeze juice into a pitcher. Watch out for seeds. Maybe quarter a couple after squeezing and drop them right in.
2. Drizzle some simple syrup* in. Don't ask me how much exactly, just err on the side of less--you can always add more once you taste.
3. Fill the pitcher most of the way with cold water and stir.
4. Throw in a couple handsful of the strawberries you managed to freeze before anyone devoured them. They'll act like little ice cubes. And also turn your drink a lovely pink color.
5. Taste and adjust ingredients for flavor.
1 part water
2 parts raw or granulated sugar
Bring the water to a boil, remove from heat and immediately stir in sugar. Let it cool a little, then pour it in a fancy bottle and refrigerate. (You can add vanilla or other extracts for flavored syrups).